When God calls you must be willing to say "Here I am send me!"
Sometimes it takes a leap of faith accepting that He will provide!
You never know the blessings you may receive!


"AND WHOEVER WELCOMES A LITTLE CHILD LIKE THIS,

IN MY NAME, WELCOMES ME." Matthew 18:5

ADOPTING A CHILD WON'T CHANGE THE WORLD,
BUT FOR THAT CHILD, THE WORLD WILL CHANGE.

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Day 11 - July 24

The boys woke up at 6:30 this morning but by the time we got ready and went down to breakfast it was 8 am. Breakfast went pretty good only spilled the yogurt. They will not put the napkins even in their laps so I have learned the hard way to always put their cloths on from the day before and then we go back to the room and wash up after breakfast and change into a new outfit.

We got to talk to Daddy and little sisters and big sister Rachelle on Skype. The boys played in the room for a while and then we decided to go exploring. Regina's daughter woke up about the time I was ready to leave so we decided to go together.

We set out to find the Children's Park. We found it and ended up walking 5 miles in the process and I think it was the hottest day we have had so far!!! The kids actually did quite well. Both the boys got upset and were fussing and crying when I looked at a bubble blower but did not buy it as I felt like they wanted to much. I could have bought one cheaper at Wal-Mart in the US. Marc got over it pretty quickly but Max took a while which surprised me since it is usually the other way around. Then Max got really upset when he could not go on the rides. So we had to listen to a lot of crying. At that point I can not do it even if I had planned to because since I cannot really talk to them, I do not want them to get the idea that if they fuss and cry they get what they want. It makes it really hard as I would have liked to have done something special.

Max would just calm down and I would think about doing something and he would start again. I tried tickling, taking pictures, drinks of water, etc but nothing seemed to work. After we were walking back and I let him climb on the lion he seemed to be in better spirits. We stopped at the Market and got a couple different pastry breads to try and then went back to our room. We got so hot that we had cool drinks in our room and just hung out for a while.

We ended up with supper of the breads we got and cooked some noodles we had in the room, I was too hot and tired to leave again.













3 comments:

Sam said...

Thanks for the updates in China. The boys seem to be very well. I think their going to do just fine once home in the USA!! The pictures are great and thanks again for sharing your journey with us.
Sherri (Florida)

Cindi Campbell said...

Great pictures. So thankful they are doing so good.
Cindi

Ashley and Mike said...

I LOVE following your blog. Two boys-what an amazing joy. Have fun together. It seems like you are all having such a special time.

Enjoy!

Ashley