When God calls you must be willing to say "Here I am send me!"
Sometimes it takes a leap of faith accepting that He will provide!
You never know the blessings you may receive!


"AND WHOEVER WELCOMES A LITTLE CHILD LIKE THIS,

IN MY NAME, WELCOMES ME." Matthew 18:5

ADOPTING A CHILD WON'T CHANGE THE WORLD,
BUT FOR THAT CHILD, THE WORLD WILL CHANGE.

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Day 7 - July 20

Today was a very emotionally charged day! After breakfast we met the Dalian SWI director in the lobby of our Hotel as she agreed for us to at least drive by the orphanage. I did not tell the boys in advance so they would not worry about it and it was a maybe thing. Even leaving the hotel she said maybe we could go inside but she was not sure yet.

We took two taxi's, one with Regina and her family and one with me, the boys, Steven our guide and the director. The boys asked Steven almost immediately where we were going. I asked Steven to be sure to tell them Mama wanted to see where they had been staying. Max got upset right away. We reassured him several times that he was leaving with Mama! The director even told him that it was illegal for him to stay that he belonged with Mama not at the orphanage. I could tell he was still uptight about it but he was not crying at least. Marc did not even seem to care at this point. When we drove through the gate of the Dalian SWI, Max started to cry, I hugged him and told him I loved him and that he was staying with Mama, but he would just cry harder. We pulled up in front of the orphanage and opened the door he got out and cried harder but still got out and went into the SWI, Marc on the other hand started to really cry and refused to get out of the taxi. I had to pick him up and carry him. I know some people would choose not to go but I felt it was very important for closure for both of the boys.

Once inside I was there with the director and the boys and Steven was trying to find the other family, I think the taxi dropped them at the front gate. The director left us in a room on the main floor so I started looking at the pictures on the wall and Marc and Max got interested in looking with me and not crying although they were both apprehensive. The other family got there and the director came back and said to come she would show us around.

We went up a couple floors and she showed us rooms with cribs in them and babies, Regina counted and said there were 30 babies under 1 year. It was sad to see as they did not have very many care givers and the babies were in cribs and they would just turn them over and change them and leave them.

We went up a couple more flights of stairs to the top floor with bars across the doorway and it was locked. The director rang the bell several times and then said she had to go down and around another way. Once we got in there we saw some rooms with beds and we saw Max's bed. He showed me which bed he slept in and let me take a picture.
We continued down the hall and they showed us the bathroom, a classroom, eating area, a music room and at the end of the hall was a playroom. There were 4 children in there 2 little boys and 2 little girls with a couple little toys. The littlest girl would just sit and rock, we found out she was 18 months and just a tiny thing. The older girl is 3 and has a heart defect, we asked if her paperwork was in to be adopted yet and they said no it had not even been started. She played with Bobby (Regina's Husband) and I held one of the little boys, then he got up and the little girl came sat on my lap. She soaked up the love and attention. She wanted hugs and kisses and then they said it was time to go she would not let go! I wanted to just pack her up and take her with me!


You did not have to tell the boys twice to go! They jumped up and ran over to me and grabbed my hand and said "Bye Bye" to the director and Max was showing me the way out! He was very happy and very relieved!
Leaving Dalian SWI!

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Debby,
Zach didn't seem to mind the trip to the orphanage and I was so glad we went. It was very clean and the people caring for the children seemed to be very kind and compassionate. We also were able to ask questions of them, and learned a little more about Zach through them. I am glad you were able to go.

Blessings,
Cindy, another Dalian mom

Rachelle said...

what brave little brothers I have. Can't wait to meet them in person! See you all soon!

Anonymous said...

What a super mom and what handsome boys - Debby you are a fantastic momma - well done.

Momma to a Liaoning princess - where they breed them tall and beautiful.