When God calls you must be willing to say "Here I am send me!"
Sometimes it takes a leap of faith accepting that He will provide!
You never know the blessings you may receive!


"AND WHOEVER WELCOMES A LITTLE CHILD LIKE THIS,

IN MY NAME, WELCOMES ME." Matthew 18:5

ADOPTING A CHILD WON'T CHANGE THE WORLD,
BUT FOR THAT CHILD, THE WORLD WILL CHANGE.

Monday, July 28, 2008

Day 15 - July 28 Last day in Dalian

We have been together as a family (part of the family) for two weeks today!

Our last day in Dalian!!! Tomorrow we get up and leave by 6:30 AM for Guangzhou!!! I just received the boys passports, YEAH!!!!! CLOSER TO HOME AND THE REST OF MY FAMILY!!!

I want to REALLY THANK EVERYONE that has left comments, sometimes that is the only email I can get and I feel like it is a lifeline!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!! I have had real weird internet reception but the comments that are left have been getting through pretty consistantly (I set it up to email me each comment before I left) and those seem to get through when nothing else does! I guess God knew I needed them!!!

Today was a very laid back day! Nice to have, the boys played, we went out a couple times, I worked on packing and most of the stuff is packed at this point. We did not take many pictures but we are ready to go!

This is right across the street from our hotel! Marc and his kung fu moves!


My sleeping angels!?!


The boys have definitely settled in with me. They did not have any problems packing up today! I keep a running dialogue going about getting on a plane tomorrow and we are going to Guangzhou for a few days then we will fly home. I have no idea how much they understand but they are not alarmed like they were when I starting packing in Shenyang. The first thing we packed were their backpacks and laid out their cloths for the plane, then I packed the rest of the stuff while they played together.

Our guide dropped the passports off tonight! As I was checking things over to make sure they were correct I noticed that they were issued on July 21! This is suppose to be what we were waiting for and they were issued a week ago! All I can say is I am glad I have them now!!!!!!
On a lighter note, when I was checking to make sure I had packed everything I found this box tucked way back in the back of the night stand. I pulled it out wondering what it was. It said Emergency kit on it.

Then on the top it says we will get charged if the seal is broken?!? Wondering what it was I turned it over some more and on the other side is an explanation.

Emergency Kit! I guess it would be a good thing to have if you have an emergency!

Can you tell I am ready to come home?!?! It has been fun with the boys but I miss my husband and my other children as well! Next Saturday we will be home at noon!!!!

8 comments:

Sarah said...

One step closer! You will be home soon! I have been following your journey and am amazed by your bravery in traveling alone to China to adopt two active boys. You are certainly blessed, as are your precious boys and the rest of your family.
Sarah

TheDideonGang said...

Ok, glad to know this is the best way to talk.... will see what Daves schedule is like this wk...
I loved the emergency kit... was really thinking since the earthquake they were making steps forward and yet it is so the culture to have a "male" emergency kit!!!???? on our first trip in 2004 had to share the floor with some officials and their female friends - not fun with a baby.

Will be seeing you soon! Have a safe trip to GZ
Lavonne

Anonymous said...

Oh your boys are so cute and happy and it's wonderful to see how well they are doing. It sounds like they loved you in Dalian and wanted to keep you an extra week!! (the 7/21/08 on the passports)hmmm.
You are getting closer to going home and you must be soooo ready! big hugs to a terrific Mom! Deb Sorensen

FreeStyleMama - Diana said...

Debby,

I can see how much the boys have relaxed by their smiles. I am glad that you are upon the next leg of the journey! Enjoy GZ!

Diana

Difference2This1 said...

Debby- I've been following your journey with the boys after you posted a link on one of the groups a while back; it's such a blessing to read your blog! Thank you for sharing some of their story, the culture around you, and the ups and downs of traveling with TWO little boys! You are an amazing woman! I barely survive Walmart with my two little ones; yet there you are in China with yours for such a LONG trip. Praying the remainder of your trip goes smoothly. Jennifer in DE Mom to 3(2 from China) and waiting for one more in Guangdong

Anonymous said...

Hurray Debby you're getting closer to home everyday!! Hey try saying e er san I think is how you pronounce 1, 2, 3 in Chinese. Kaitlyn says this and does her kungfu movements as I call them. I think they did exercises every morning and counted with each change in movement. At least that's the way she does it-laugh! She loved the Kung Fu Panda movie out- I wonder why!
Good to know the boys are okay with the packing. Will pray for the plane trip tomorrow and settling in a new place and for energy for mama with two busy boys!
(Pam Dalian Group)

NancyW said...

Our whole family has been enjoying your blog. Every day DH asks me if I've seen the Harmon blog yet! I love the pic of the boys sitting on the edge of the flower bed -- it is showing up just opposite their referral photos - Oh, what a change! We played the 'stop' game too to get our new 4 year old to learn the meaning of the word so we could use it in airports on the way home!

Nancy, Reese & our 2 treasures from China Elizabeth & Sarah

Anonymous said...

Hi Debby,
This is Carrie. I am one of your friends from LCC. I love getting up in the morning and checking in on you and the boys. I am praying for your every need. Praise the Lord you get to go to Ghuanzhou tomorrow!!!! I loved it when we got to the stage of our journey.
God bless,
Carrie S.