When God calls you must be willing to say "Here I am send me!"
Sometimes it takes a leap of faith accepting that He will provide!
You never know the blessings you may receive!


"AND WHOEVER WELCOMES A LITTLE CHILD LIKE THIS,

IN MY NAME, WELCOMES ME." Matthew 18:5

ADOPTING A CHILD WON'T CHANGE THE WORLD,
BUT FOR THAT CHILD, THE WORLD WILL CHANGE.

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Day 4 - July 17 in Dalian

Well life has been better today, so far! Breakfast started out interesting! We went downstairs to the breakfast buffet that is included in our hotel and first they place us as far from the buffet as you could physically get. I think the guy thought Marc would start screaming and crying again. But the seat was clear around the corner so I could not see the boys while getting them food. (Not really a good idea!) I went and got them a plate each and brought it back but there was no silverware. I asked about 5 people before anyone seemed to really understand what I was asking for. They finally brought silverware for me but not for the boys. Then I set out on finding some they brought them plastic everything. So I went and looked for food for me which is a little harder since I am vegetarian. I did find some and then came back to the table the boys are ready for more so I go get their food and come eat a little of mine. Then Marc is done and decides he wants to cry because he is not getting his way (he wanted to leave since he was done). I told him no that Mommy needs to eat first or we would all have a terrible day! Finally he settled down when he figured out that I was not going to leave just because he wanted to.
Playing with the trucks sister Kaitlyn picked out for them.
They got to open them while they were on Skype with Kaitlyn.
After breakfast we went back to the room and talked to Dave and the girls through Skype so we could video conference. It was great to talk to all of them. I gave Kaitlyn a hug over the computer and she said it was not cuddly enough! The boys played for a while then I decided to take them out and look around and then go to lunch. We get ready to leave the room (the housekeeper is there cleaning) and get part way down the hall and both boys start crying so I turn around and go back to the room and have to sit in a chair and hold them and rock them for about 10 minutes all the time the housekeeper is watching me to see what is going on. I can tell now that Max is saying in Mandarin that he wants to go home so I explain in English that we have to stay almost two weeks and he has to go out and eat sometime, but that Mama is taking him to America on a big plane but we can't go yet and that Mama loves them and won't leave them! All the while hugging and rocking and kissing them and pantomiming going on a plane! The maid did smile when they quit crying and we left! (Could have been she was just happy to get us out of her way!)

This is the view from our hotel window. Underneath all the cement and green is the underground shopping center!

We went and walked around without further crying. There is an underground square, Shopping Center across the street from the hotel. It is pretty cool temperature wise and interesting shops. I was the only white person I saw and I do get a lot of stares out with the boys. At least they hang onto my hand very tightly! We found a shop we ate lunch in and before we are over Marc decides he has to go to the bathroom so he runs out the door to a potted bush and starts to pull down his pants. The lady in the shop gets very upset and told him to go to the KF they have a bathroom and he can't go where he is standing because it is public. So I give her some money (because I had not paid for lunch yet) and we run out the door to KFC. When we get back to the shop we were eating at (I had asked to have the rest of lunch boxed) she gave me my change and food and thanked me for taking Marc to the restroom. She actually spoke quite good english, She asked if they were adopted and then said she shouldn't ask that that is private. I told her it was OK and yes I had just adopted them both. We had a nice little conversation and she thanked me for adopting the boys and told me they would have a much better life in the USA.

No comments: