When God calls you must be willing to say "Here I am send me!"
Sometimes it takes a leap of faith accepting that He will provide!
You never know the blessings you may receive!


"AND WHOEVER WELCOMES A LITTLE CHILD LIKE THIS,

IN MY NAME, WELCOMES ME." Matthew 18:5

ADOPTING A CHILD WON'T CHANGE THE WORLD,
BUT FOR THAT CHILD, THE WORLD WILL CHANGE.

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Day 16 - July 29 Off to Guangzhou!!!


Well we finally made it to Guangzhou!!!

I took these photos on the way to the airport. This looks like a market for used bicycle carts. The second picture the guys had a big thing that looked like a huge griddle and it looked like their cart was full of eggs and they were cooking them for people coming up to their cart. It was breakfast time. I just thought the third picture was interesting since there were several bicycle riders on the side street.




Our flight was early which was nice since they were saying a typhoon was headed towards Guangdong Province. It was a fairly easy flight. We were 5 rows back in the plane right behind the purser who spoke Mandarin and English. He would talk to the boys and then translate it to me.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Debby, PTL your flight went well. So glad you had a translater during the trip-that helps alot. Did the boys like the plane ride?
Pam

One Happy Momma said...

Hi Debby -

I have been following your trip from the beginning. You're almost home! The boys seem like they are adjusting well now.

Let us know after you get home and when the boys are settled, we would love to have you, Dave, the girls and the boys over for a little welcome home get together.

Blessings -

Cathy

TheDideonGang said...

You are on the home stretch now...
What a wonderful feeling.
The boys just seem so settled now it is great to watch via blog the transformation. I know Reagan will have a blast with the boys,,,
Lavonne

Darlene said...

Debby,

I hope you have a nice time in GZ and the boys enjoy it there as well! I love your pics of the scenery, I may have to ask you for some copies for our Dalian memory book for Timmy later on.

Darlene

Doreen said...

One step closer to home. The boys have really come into themselves (and I mean in a good way!!!LOL!!!). Things seem to be alot more settled.
Wonderful news!!!
Doreen in Montreal

Unknown said...

Our Presley is from Dalian as well...she came home at 3.5 yrs..so I know the first days can be tougher. The boys are adorable and you see in their face a happiness and calm....like the song on your blog says...When love takes you in....and you can really see in the pictures...that love has indeed taken them in and everything has changed.
I don't know you guys..but I have loved following along on your trip to Dalian...we never made it when we picked up Presley..the pics were great to see...

Hugs to you all...may your days in Guangdong go quickly and very shortly you are re-united with the rest of your family...I know that feeling well...I stayed home 3 times while my hubby travelled to bring home our children...

Hang in there...you are almost there..

Hugs,
Karen, James, Kennedy, Madison, Jagger, Colby, Jaden and Presley.