When God calls you must be willing to say "Here I am send me!"
Sometimes it takes a leap of faith accepting that He will provide!
You never know the blessings you may receive!


"AND WHOEVER WELCOMES A LITTLE CHILD LIKE THIS,

IN MY NAME, WELCOMES ME." Matthew 18:5

ADOPTING A CHILD WON'T CHANGE THE WORLD,
BUT FOR THAT CHILD, THE WORLD WILL CHANGE.

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Day 3 - July 16 - continued

Well that was just the first half of the day!

We got to Dalian and while checking into the hotel Marc starts wailing! He was tired and hungry and he becomes very naughty when he feels that way. At this point we are in the lobby trying to check in and he is crying. He finally stops when we get to our room but we just have time to drop everything and we have to leave for the Police station where we get the passport photos and apply for the passport. Marc starts crying again in the hotel before we get to the taxi and on the way over to the building we needed to go to. He stops long enough for his photo and then is just naughty while I am having the interview for the passport. The policeman that talks to me speaks english and wanted to know my I wanted chinese boys! I told him we had two chinese daughters also and then he really wanted to know why we wanted more children? Then he wanted to know where my husband was? When he gets all done he tells me I have "two very naughty boys and they will take LOTS OF PATIENCE!" I said yes I agreed with him! He finally smiled and let me go.

We were done and back to the hotel by 2 pm, I decided we would relax in the room for a while, I had some nuts and dried fruit we could eat and then could go out later for dinner. The boys played really well in the room until about 6 and we decided to go out. I said something about going out to eat and Max lost it again. I met Regina and her family and by now Max was crying and swaying from side to side and everyone looks of coarse. We are still inside the Ramada Hotel at this point and the bell hop is talking to him and telling me he says he wants to go home. I tell the guy I adopted him so he wants the number of the SWI so we can call them so he can go back there. I am thinking this is not such a good idea so Regina and Bobby agree to bring us something back and I take the boys back to the room. When we get to the room I have them put their pj's on and then we turned something quiet on the tv and all got in bed and snuggled. As soon as Max got his pj's on he calmed right down. Marc fell asleep but Max snuggled up next to me and after a while started talking some English some Mandarin. The part I did get he said he wanted to go to America with Mama. I told him we would go to America on a big plane but 1st we had to stay here longer. Regina and Bobby brought him back a hamburger and fries from oo. He ate his hamburger and gave me the fries, then crawled in bed and was out. It did not take long for me to sleep either as the day was quite draining! But me made it through another day!

3 comments:

jodyfoznot said...

Debby,

Your boys are just so precious. How scary for them to have so many unknowns around them and as they're trying to trust that you won't leave them. My heart just breaks at everything they have been through. You're doing a great job with them! I love to see their bright smiles as the days progress!

I pray that the Lord give you rest and you wake up each morning feeling refreshed!

Blessings and hugs,
Jody in MI

Dori's Mommy (Diana) said...

Debby,

Hugs to you and the boys. How scary for all of you. Mama's hugs are working magic!

They have great smiles!

Anonymous said...

Naughty boys! I remember so well people telling us often that we had two naughty boys - most said they were "good naughty", but some didn't think that our boys were behaving very well... Of course our sons were going through so much change and it's normal for them to cry and be afraid... Besides, how often do people in China see two brothers?! Your trip will be all over soon and life's regular routine will set in!
Enjoy these days... as I'm sure you are!
Blessings,
Melissa, mama to Isaac and Jonah, adopted together