When God calls you must be willing to say "Here I am send me!"
Sometimes it takes a leap of faith accepting that He will provide!
You never know the blessings you may receive!


"AND WHOEVER WELCOMES A LITTLE CHILD LIKE THIS,

IN MY NAME, WELCOMES ME." Matthew 18:5

ADOPTING A CHILD WON'T CHANGE THE WORLD,
BUT FOR THAT CHILD, THE WORLD WILL CHANGE.

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Day 9 - July 22

My oldest son turns 30 today! Happy birthday Jonathan!

Today was a quiet day! Our exchange student was here for breakfast with her father, then she came to the room for a little bit while I showed her how Skype worked and she played with the boys a little. She was very good with the boys and the boys liked her a lot!

She was very open about talking with the boys and then translating to me. She told me Max thought he was going to America and I was going to stay here and that is why he threw such a fit in the evening after we had gone to the orphanage. He did not want to go to America if I was not going with him! Both boys have gotten to where they will play for a while and then run over to me and say "I love you Mama" in Mandarin and give me hugs and kisses and then run back and play! It is very sweet!!! It definitely makes my day better and easier to handle the melt downs!

Max also told Charlotte he is 7 years old. Charlotte explained that some provinces add 1 year to your age when you are born so by that he should say he is 6 now so we don't really know what his age is. His birthday is supposedly September 24 and he will be 6 by what we were give. He definitely acts more mature than Marc does and he has lost a tooth in front but who really knows, I sure don't.

The boys also told her they knew each other well and were friends at the SWI. We were shown Max's bed when we were there and not Marc's and all they would say is that they didn't sleep in the same room. We could not get any information out of them at the SWI. The Director rode with us from the hotel to the SWI and I asked several questions which the guide then asked her but he would not give me any answers. It was a bit frustrating.

Charlotte was taking pictures of the boys and showing them the pictures.
I took the boys to McDonald's for a late lunch and they did not really like it! It cost a lot more than KFC and seemed to me to be a lot less. We just had noodles in the room for dinner which they really like and it costs me a lot less. They are in bed now fast asleep!!!

These last two were the sunset tonight over the city looking out our hotel window! The blue rectangle in the middle of the bottom picture is where the boys were playing on the paddle boats last night.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's interesting that their ages are not what you expected... If I compare them to our boys (which are the same age as yours), yours are much taller and Max seems much older. I realise that it's difficult to compare and children are different... Our boys are just 7 months apart in age, but developmentally they were 3 or 4 years apart in my mind. I would tell myself that one was 7 years old and the other was two years old... That helped me because I just couldn't have the same expectations for both and they had lived so long in another culture. (When adopting older shildren, our milestones are not the same as those in Chinese orphanages).

I think that you're an inspiration. You are doing amazingly with your two beautiful boys!
Melissa, mama to Isaac and Jonah

Asher, Esther & Emma's Jie Jie said...

The boys are adorable =)
We have really enjoyed following your journey especially since we were in Shenyang just last August adopting our little boy, Asher.
Hang in there.. I am amazed how you can keep up with both boys.. =)

Rebekah Vincent said...

God Bless your family we have read and wept with joy for you. You have prayer warriors in KY. Our daughter Cordie adopted from Anhui turned 5 today. Our girls are suposed to be 2 months apart but we believe Cordie is older, it wouldn't be a benefit to change her B-Day. Our son who is from Guangdong is suposed to be 3 turning 4 in Dec. but there is just no way our ped accessed him at 18 months to 2 yrs we are readopting and he will be 3 his next b-day. But age is just A thing:)
We are thrilled for you your family is beautiful!
Bekah

Darlene said...

Debby,

Timmy told us that he was a year older than what the paperwork says, but according to our guide some do say you are one year old at birth. It's good that your boys are bonding to you and telling you they love you already!