When God calls you must be willing to say "Here I am send me!"
Sometimes it takes a leap of faith accepting that He will provide!
You never know the blessings you may receive!


"AND WHOEVER WELCOMES A LITTLE CHILD LIKE THIS,

IN MY NAME, WELCOMES ME." Matthew 18:5

ADOPTING A CHILD WON'T CHANGE THE WORLD,
BUT FOR THAT CHILD, THE WORLD WILL CHANGE.

Monday, July 14, 2008

Happy Gotcha Day!!!




The first picture is shortly after I got both boys. Marc the smaller one was happy right away and said Mama and held my hand and right with me. Max was not there at first but got there about ten minutes after Marc. You could tell right away Max was not so sure about this. He held it together briefly and said Mama then started to pucker up. When he started crying and saying he wanted to go home Marc would rub his arm and tell him it was OK, I learned this through the interpreter.

I gave them matching backpacks with matching toys! I am sure glad I had them the same because when we went to the store later they wanted everything the same or Marc would have a meltdown.

Marc wet his pants at the Civil Affairs so when we got back to the hotel and changed him Max took off his cloths and wanted to change also so now they have on matching clothes.

On the way back to the hotel from the Civil Affairs office our guide told the boys that later we were going shopping and not to talk to people and stay with your Mama. We went to the bank and some people started to ask them questions and they turned away and would not answer. The bank was my first venture out with just the two boys and myself! It was interesting to see peoples reactions! I would have loved to be able to understand what they were saying!

Later we went to KFC for lunch and then Wal-Mart! Nothing like going half way around the world and going to those two stores!

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Debby,
I am so happy for you and your family! I know challenging days are ahead but I also know the Lord hears all of the many prayers going up on your behalf. Please remember folks are back home calling your name out to the Him!!
I will thoroughly enjoy keeping up with your journey!
God bless,
Carrie S.

Marjorie said...

Debby,

It's so great to see pictures of the boys!!! yay!!! Congrats! The picture of sad Max is heart-wrenching. Being half-way around the world and having a store like Wal-Mart nearby can be comforting too. :)

jodyfoznot said...

Debbie,

Your boys are simply precious. The picture of Max fighting tears breaks my heart. He's trying to be so brave in the midst of so many unknowns, bless his little heart. How adorable that his brother offered him a comforting word! Speaking of brave, I'm amazed at you being there by yourself with two new sons! You are my hero!!!

Congratulations, and may God continue to rain down blessings on your family!

Jody in MI
www.lampostflickering.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Debbie,

I have followed your journey to these two boys, and am teary-eyed reading your blog and looking at the pictures. I am so happy for you!

Best,
Alyssa Ericksen

Sistahs said...

I am so happy to see your family united! The boys are beautiful and the way they are loving each other already is just precious. Enjoy each other and love each other through the challenges!

Kathy Werking

Anonymous said...

I am amazed at how fast everything has gone for you. Wow! When the Lord moves, HE MOVES!!! If only Max knew all the happiness that lies in store for him in your family...but he will find out soon. I am so grateful that I was able to play a small part in providing funds for your trip.

Momtofour said...

Oh such brave little boys! What incredible joy to see them with their forever mama. Our God is an awesome God!
hugs
Angela Weiss

Anonymous said...

Debby,
Alone with two 3 yr olds in China!!!! You are definitely on my list of the worlds bravest people....Blessings and Prayers for you all....Catherine

Jorge Cacho said...

CONGRATULATIONS Debby!!!!

Jorge

FreeStyleMama - Diana said...

Debby~

Congrats! The boys are so handsome!!!

Trish said...

I've followed your journey for awhile now and I'm so happy to see you with your boys! Congrats to you and your family!
Trish

Anonymous said...

Debby, Congrats!!! I've been praying since Saturday for your trip and gotcha day. Smart idea to get everything matching!! Thank goodness the boys have each other to play with and support each other. We'll keep lifting you in prayer!!
Pam (Dalian Group)

Sarah said...

I am sure that every mom who sees that pictures of Max would just want to scoop him up and give him a great big hug. So glad that his forever mommy is there to comfort him. Your boys are absolutely precious. Blessings to you on this amazing journey.
Sarah

Blessed Family Journey said...

Congratulations!! They are precious--how wonderful!! You are TRULY blessed....Enjoy your time, can't wait to follow along. Blessings, Doreen

Dawn said...

CONGRATULATIONS it is sooo good to see the boys with their momma finally!!!!

TheDideonGang said...

I am so glad it is all coming together - it has been quite the adventure doing our adoptions together and now finally seeing the end and getting our precious boys!!! What a blessing and all our boys will have such great fun together.
Lavonne

Carmi said...

Debby, So happy for you and especially Max and Marc! Praying all continues to go well for you all there!

Anonymous said...

Tears of JOY running down my face. I'm so pleased to read your report. G*d's PEACE and good health for the remainder of your journey!

Cynthia

Anonymous said...

Dear Debby, Max and Marc,

We are happy beyond what words can convey here. Seeing the pictures of you together makes my heart smile. We believe in you, and we know God has carried out His plan for you to be a family.

Sara Lang
Madison Adoption Associates

Sam said...

Debby,
This is the first time ever for me seeing your blog. I'm very happy for you and the boys. Congrats, the boys look great and calling you Mama already bring tears to my eyes.
Sherri

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a flood of emotions I am feeling... I remember so well... It's almost like I were there again with two at once... One will comfort the other... Yes, they want to have the same things in the stores - our boys did the same... Wearing the same colours made them feel like they were brothers and not alone, mirroring the adventure to comfort each other... Amazing... They must be so scared at times, but God gave them a brother to help them through it. You guys are incredible to take this on; yet, it can be done through His direction.
I am amazed at His love.
You are in my prayers,
Melissa, mama to Isaac and Jonah, adopted together